Your home is likely your biggest asset, so it is a great idea to keep it in tip-top shape. Whether you are staying or planning a move, according to HGTV these are the top 15 projects that pay off over the long haul.
Any of the following can be done for less than $10,000 and will be appreciated for years to come! Consider…
- Bathroom update: fresh paint, replace shower doors, new knobs, happy towels.
- Landscaping: sod, a splash of seasonal flowers, hardscape, enhanced entry to your home
- Kitchen refresh: paint walls and/cabinet, new knobs and pulls, change counter top
- Curb appeal: paint/replace the front door, repair stairs, bricks, concrete, add container plants
- Window replacement: update look, weather resistance and new triple pane glass
For major remodeling projects, in the $10,000 to $40,000 range, consider…
- Kitchen overhaul: replace appliances, seating, cabinets, flooring, lighting, add built-in gadgets
- Bathroom overhaul: replace tub, toilet, lavatory, cabinets, tile, lighting, closet components
- Patio, screened-in porch or deck addition: new outdoor area with furniture, rugs and pillows
- Attic conversion: flooring, ceiling, lighting, furniture, and new insulation
- New room addition: basement, office, bedroom, TV room, play room
Be sure to hire an accomplished designer and contractor to help you with decision making and work with confidence that these investments will be worthwhile.